acdc Receives Queen’s Award for Enterprise – International Trade 2012
Written by acdc on June 26, 2012>
acdc receives the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade 2012
acdc, the UK’s leading specialist in long-life architectural LED and Cold Cathode lighting solutions, are delighted to announce that we have been named as a winner of the country’s most prestigious award for business performance – the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade 2012.
We win the award for the first time for our outstanding achievement in overseas earnings recording an overall growth of 90% over the three year period. Proof if needed, that acdc is truly leading the world in the design of technical LED products which are brighter, better and smaller than ever before. It is therefore not surprising that acdc products are in demand globally. With over 3000 projects delivered each year to key export markets including Europe, USA, Australia, Far East, Middle East and India from our UK HQ.
Indeed, acdc’s lighting solutions have literally brought some of the world’s most prestigious projects and buildings to life including:
- the Burj Khalifa – the worlds’ tallest tower in Dubai
- the Burj Al Arab – the worlds’ most luxurious hotel also in Dubai
- Bitexco Tower – the largest building towering over Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam at an impressive 68 storeys high
- Marina Bay Sands – a world-class luxury casino and hotel complex in Singapore
- and most recently the Olympics Bridges in London.
Commenting on the award, acdc’s CEO, Gareth Frankland said, “To be awarded this prestigious award for our outstanding achievements in international trade is something we are all very proud of. This puts us amongst the most successful of UK businesses. The dedication of all our employees to ensuring we continue to meet our aim of producing the most innovative and industry leading lighting solutions available is recognised with this award from the Queen and we look forward to an even brighter success in the future.”
acdc’s success in the Queens awards is linked to our key strategies which focus on:
– Identifying suitable international markets in which to operate
– Developing global specification strategies
– Identifying global partnership opportunities
– Engaging the people within acdc; from employees and distributors through to suppliers
– Creating product solutions never previously conceivable in terms of efficiency, output and simplicity of design
– Ensuring that our product range fully complies to all relevant local standards.
In addition to a network of over 60 distribution partners worldwide, we have a satellite office in Dubai servicing the Middle East and beyond and are set to open our London studio this Spring.
Furthermore, an impressive product design strategy ensures that acdc are constantly challenging the industry by designing outstanding products which are market leading, not only in terms of the technology within, but with products which are aesthetically stunning offering incredible output and providing impressive performance.
Sales Director Louise Frankland commented: “At acdc our focus is on offering outstanding products and a level of customer service that is second to none – our teams in the UK and overseas deliver this as standard. So to have our international success recognised and affirmed by the Queen with this prestigious accolade is a huge privilege and honour.”
For more information please contact Victoria Dobson, acdc’s Marketing Communications Manager on email@example.com